It’s no secret that in the Information Age, customers place high importance on the recommendations of their friends on anything.
Customer reviews are critical to a company’s long-term success. In fact, nine out of ten consumers check internet reviews before purchasing a product or service.
Positive feedback speaks for itself. A customer’s great feedback or review will highlight your brand’s best qualities. And it will help you develop trust, raise brand recognition, and attract more customers.
But, in today’s hyper-connected digital world, you have to take the good with the bad. Negative and even fraudulent reviews will follow you no matter who you are or how amazing a solution you provide.
Digital marketing agency Virginia suggests that it’s pointless to hide them, especially when 60 percent of customers will shun a company that controls its internet evaluations.
Transparency is essential for your advertising and marketing to be effective. And that entails coping with bad or even false public consumer reviews.
Here is how to manage customer reviews online.
How to manage good and positive customer reviews?
Your brand will immediately benefit from good publicity if you receive a positive review. Online reviews influence 67.7% of purchasing decisions.
Use your testimonials as social evidence.
In most cases, humans will follow the acts or recommendations of others, which are typically based on their ratings or referrals—social that’s proof in a nutshell.
One of the most powerful types of social evidence is customer evaluations or testimonials. As a result, if you publish your top online assessment in the correct locations, you’re more likely to gain consumer confidence, attract more customers, and experience healthy economic expansion.
Here are a few suggestions for maximizing your positive internet reviews with a healthy dose of social proof:
1. Include testimonials, reviews, and ratings in your sponsored ad messaging to boost engagement and confirm your brand’s effectiveness.
2. Add a review button or plugin to your site so that visitors can easily see your good ratings and suggestions. Make them nearly challenging to overlook!
3. Use your most-engaged social media networks to provide good customer testimonials and eye-catching graphics.
4. If required, provide favorable comments on your site. Positive client quotations or feedback can be included on your homepage, about us page, web content, and landing pages.
Dealing with bad customer feedback
You might be shocked to find that when someone encounters a negative review, they will spend five times as much time researching or surfing the website.
Dealing with bad reviews properly can not only demonstrate your commitment to your consumers, but you may also be able to convert a disgruntled client into a brand supporter. If you are a small business IT solutions company, you should be particular about dealing with negative reviews and feedback.
Here’s what to do.
- Be quick and approachable. Get to the root of the problem.
- You must always attempt to respond to negative reviews and comments as fast as possible and in an amiable, kind tone, regardless of what the consumers say or what the problem is.
- You should never try to sweep a negative review underneath the rug or leave it lurking in the digital space; doing so will make your brand appear untrustworthy and destroy your reputation.
- To respond to poor customer evaluations appropriately, you should respond individually, beginning with an apology on any public platform. In essence, you must take control of the circumstance, or it will take control of you.